|The following section outlining links and references is divided into several categories.|
- International Organisation working on water issues
- National Organisations
- United Nations Organisations working on water related issues
- Non-governmental Organisation working on water related issues
- Declaration’s Covenants and Goals concerning water
- Reports/Publications concerning water
- Summit and Meetings covering water related issues
|International Organisations working on water issues|
- World Commision on Dams
The WCD was an independent, international, multi-stakeholder process which addressed the controversial issues associated with large dams.
- International Rivers Network
International Rivers Network protects rivers and defends the rights of communities that depend on them. IRN opposes destructive dams and the development model they advance, and encourages better ways of meeting people's needs for water, energy and protection from damaging floods.
- Asian Development Bank
ADB adopted a strategy to guide its work with developing Asian nations. The strategy is designed to support ADB's overarching goal of poverty reduction through regional collective actions that foster economic growth.
- International Development Studies Network
IDSNet was created to enable individuals and Organisations to communicate, provide information services and enhance the delivery of International development educational programs in Canada and around the world.
- Green Cross International
Green Cross International provides unbiased environmental analysis and expertise, information dissemination, education, objective evaluations for public debate, scientific studies, and social and medical support.
- Global Forum Policy
Monitors policy making at the United Nations, promotes accountability of global decisions, educates and mobilizes for global citizen participation, and advocates on vital issues of international peace and justice.
- Water and Sanitation Program (WSP)
An international partnership to help the poor gain sustained access to improved water supply and sanitation services.
- The World Bank
The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world. Their mission is to alleviate global poverty and to improve standard of living.
Oxfam is a UK based organization. It is a development, relief, and campaigning organisation that works with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering around the world.
| || |
|National Organisations |
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
| || |
|United Nations Organisations working on water related issues |
| || |
|Non-governmental Organisations working on water related issues|
- Women's Environment and Development Organisation (WEDO)
WEDO is an international organization that advocates for women's equality in global policy. It seeks to empower women as decision makers to achieve economic, social and gender justice, a healthy, peaceful planet and human rights for all.
- Gender and Water Alliance (GWA)
The mission of GWA is to promote women's and men's equitable access to and management of safe and adequate water, for domestic supply, sanitation, food security and environmental sustainability. GWA believes that equitable access to and control over water is a basic right for all, as well as a critical factor in promoting poverty eradication and sustainability.
- Kenya Water For Health Organisation (KWAHO)
Kenya Water for Health Organisation (KWAHO) is a national non-governmental organisation based in Kenya . Its efforts are geared towards providing sustainable water and sanitation for the disadvantaged communities in Kenya.
- African Medical and Research Foundation (AMREF)
AMREF's mission is to improve the health of disadvantaged people in Africa as a means for them to escape poverty and improve the quality of their lives.
- The Water Page
The Water Page is an independent initiative dedicated to the promotion of sustainable water resources management and use. A particular emphasis is placed on the development, utilization and protection of water in Africa and other developing regions.
- Water Aid
WaterAid is an international NGO dedicated exclusively to the provision of safe domestic water, sanitation and hygiene education to the world's poorest people.
| || |
|Declaration’s Covenants and Goals concerning water |
| || |
|Reports/Publications concerning water |
- Rogues No more? Water Kiosk operators Achieve Credibility in Kibera, Water and Sanitation Program, June 2005
- Untapped connections Gender, Water and Poverty: Key issues, government commitments and actions for sustainable development, Women's environment and development organization, 2003,
- Water – A Shared Responsibility – The United Nations World Water Development Report 2, 2006
- Dams and Development – A new framework for decision making – the report of the World Commission on Dams, 2000
- Meeting Safe Drinking Water and Sanitation Target, WHO/UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme Report 2004
- UN-Water thematic Initiatives, Coping With Water Scarcity, August 2006
- UN-Water Policy Brief, Water Hazard Risks
WHO report on Asia Water Watch 2005: Setting the Scene: Water, Poverty and the MDGs
- UNICEF publications on water, sanitation and hygiene
- WHO, 2004: “ Sanitation challenge: Turning commitment into reality ”
- WEHAB (water, energy, health, agriculture and biodiversity), 2002: A Framework for Action on Water and Sanitation
- UN-Water Policy Brief: “ Water Hazard Risks”
- Managing Risks: Securing the Gains of Development, Chapter 10 in the World Water Development Report 2
- Global Water Quality Data and Statistics (GEMStat)
- Water Without Borders - a backgrounder on trans-boundary water issues
- Conflict Resolution Support System, A Software for the Resolution of Conflicts in Water Resource Management, UNESCO International Hydrological Programme (IHP), World Water Assessment Programme (WWAP), From Potential Conflict to Co-operation Potential
- Gender and IWRM Resource Guide
- Interagency Task Force on Gender and Water April 2005 report: Gender and Water Perspective
|Summit and Meetings covering water related issues |
| || |
- All Africa Global Media
All Africa Global Media is a multi-media content service provider, systems technology developer and the largest electronic distributor of African news and information worldwide
- BBC News In depth: Water running dry?
| || |
- The Global Water Challenge
The Global Water Challenge (GWC) is a campaign to save lives and reduce suffering in the developing world by providing safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene education.
- Green Cross International: Global campaign for the Right to Water.